Looking for a healthy and delicious side dish for your holiday meal? This festive Sweet Potato and Pecan Pie is the perfect gluten and dairy-free holiday side dish!
Looking for a healthy and delicious side dish for your holiday meal? This festive Sweet Potato and Pecan Pie is the perfect gluten and dairy-free holiday side dish! It pairs well with turkey, stuffing and any other classic Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter fixings. Add a festive salad, and you’ll have yourself a delicious holiday meal!
The holidays aren’t an all or nothing food affair! You can feel fabulous while still enjoying holiday treats with just a bit of planning to incorporate healthy dishes like this into your meal plan. For additional holiday meal planning ideas, make sure to check out this post where I share 35 of my favourite festive gluten and dairy-free recipes!
I wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving and I hope that you enjoy this Sweet Potato and Pecan Pie!
Sweet Potato and Pecan Pie
- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups pecans chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a large pot, cover your peeled and coarsely chopped sweet potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 15-minutes or until the sweet potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Drain the water from your sweet potatoes. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and mash the sweet potatoes until smooth. Add 2 eggs and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped pecans, coconut sugar, maple syrup, a small pinch of salt and the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix well.
- Transfer the mashed sweet potatoes (approximately 5 cups) to an 8 x 8 inch casserole dish, smoothing flat with a spatula. Top with the chopped pecan mixture, sprinkling evenly on top of the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes or until the pecans are toasted and the pie is heated through. Serve as a delicious side dish for your holiday meal!
Share this Recipe!