IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT:
- What inspired Martin to start running at the age of 47.
- How Martin went from his first 1km run to completing a full marathon (44km) in under 8 months.
- How Martin tackles HUGE goals in bite sized pieces and why he “chunks it down”.
- How cycling across Africa (from Cairo to Cape Town) inspired Martin to shift from personal quests to running in support of an international foundation called Right to Play.
- Martin shares how and why he completed an unbelievable feat of running 250 marathons in 1 year.
- Martin’s view on failure (inspired by Nelson Mandela) – “I never lose, I either win or learn”.
- How being clear on his “why” has enabled Martin to achieve massive goals.
- Story of how Martin’s world was turned upside town and how he almost died (twice) recently from a clot in his brain.
- Why Martin has changed his view on health and fitness, and now regards it to be the best form of life insurance.
- Martins latest challenge – how he is setting out to crush the best times he set 15 years ago in each of his 5Km, 10Km, half marathon and full marathon races.
- Martin shares his unconventional approach to setting goals and what most people end up doing wrong in the process.
- How Martin gains the courage to aim high by setting massive goals yet releasing his attachment to the outcome.
- The Secret Marathon – Martin’s latest quest in Afghanistan, the documentary that was inspired and how you can support this mission.
- What to do TODAY if you’re feeling stuck and overwhelmed in your health in order to create forward momentum.
Share this Podcast
Martin Parnell, a 5 time Guinness World Record holder, author & international keynote speaker, shares how to set BIG goals worth striving for. His marathon quest will inspire you to rise beyond what you currently believe to be possible for yourself!
About Martin Parnell:
Martin talks about having a “finish the race attitude” and overcoming obstacles to set and achieve results we never thought possible. He is an International Keynote Speaker, Author and Multi Guinness World Record holder.
In 2010, following a 25 year mining career, Martin started his “Quests for Kids” initiative. Over the next five years he completed 10 “Quests”. These included running 250 marathons in one year, setting five Guinness World Records and submitting Mount Kilimanjaro in 21 hours. At the end of 2014 over $1.3m had been raised for the humanitarian organization Right To Play and 27,000 children had been given the gift of hope.
Martin has authored 2 books, entitled “Marathon Quest” and “Running to the Edge”. He was listed as one of Alberta’s top five authors for 2014 by CBC Radio and he is also featured in Chris Guillebeau‘s best selling book “The Happiness of Pursuit“.