IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT:
- Whether or not your body is adequately designed to be able to process chemicals and toxins in our environment.
- The symptoms that indicate your body needs help with detoxification.
- How endocrine disrupting chemicals may be negatively affecting your health and causing hormone imbalances.
- The downfall of juice-based cleanses, and what you should do instead.
- Which foods and nutrients are most potent to support liver detoxification.
- 8 steps to follow to complete a safe and effective spring cleanse.
Share this Podcast
Learn why it’s so important to support your body with detoxification and how to do a safe and effective spring cleanse – no juicing, fasting or supplements required!
Download Dr. Kimberley’s FREE GUIDE to Identify the Cause of your Fatigue!
8 Steps to Follow for a Safe and Effective Spring Cleanse:
- Focus on a diet rich in nutrients that support detoxification, like glucosinolates, indole-3-carbinol, sulphorophane and cysteine.
- Avoid inflammatory foods and potential food sensitivities.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and added sugars.
- Decrease your ongoing exposure to chemicals and toxins by choosing organic foods and watching for environmental sources of exposure.
- Increase your dietary fiber intake to support excretion of metabolized hormones, chemicals and toxins.
- Drink plenty of filtered water – most people do best with at least 2 to 3 liters per day.
- Sweat daily through exercise, a hot bath and/or a sauna.
- Get 8 hours of good quality sleep each night to give your body time and energy for repair and cellular renewal.
Research or Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Toxic Environmental Chemicals: The Role of Reproductive Health Professionals In Preventing Harmful Exposures
Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals: An Endocrine Society Scientific Statement
Environmental Working Group
About Dr. Kimberley O’Brien:
Hi! I’m Dr. Kimberley O’Brien. As a naturopathic doctor I help you to transform your health and boost your energy with nutrition, natural medicine and neuroscience! I live and practice in beautiful Nelson, British Columbia, where my focus is to help people overcome digestive concerns, fatigue and hormone imbalances by teaching them to identify and treat the root cause of their symptoms.
In addition to my practice I am a professional speaker and I also serve as the naturopathic doctor at Mountain Trek, an internationally acclaimed and award-winning health and fitness retreat in Ainsworth, BC.
As the creator of the Healthy Life Redesign blog and podcast, as well as my online program called the Elimination Diet Meal Plan, I’ve helped thousands of people worldwide to resolve chronic symptoms like headaches, bloating, fatigue, IBS and eczema by identifying their food sensitivities and refueling their bodies with deliciously nutritious meals.
A healthy body provides us with the energy to live an adventurous life and the ability to do all of the things we love, which is why taking prioritizing my own health and fitness is so important to me! Outside of my naturopathic practice you’ll find me exploring the outdoors, gardening, travelling and taking in all of the beauty and adventures that the breathtaking Kootenay region of British Columbia has to offer! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to join me on my adventures and make sure to subscribe to the Healthy Life Redesign Podcast so you don’t miss a beat!