IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT:
- The top 5 categories of nutrient deficiencies that can lead to your low energy and fatigue
- How to boost your nutrient intake through food sources of each vitamin or mineral
- Which form of each nutrient you should supplement for best absorption and bioavailability
- Which nutrients are most likely to be deficient on a vegetarian or vegan diet
- How-to boost your energy by replenishing your body’s vitamins and minerals to correct nutrient deficiencies
Share this Podcast
Discover whether vitamin or mineral deficiencies may be causing your fatigue and learn how you can replenish your body through food sources or nutrient supplementation.
Download Dr. Kimberley’s FREE GUIDE to Identify the Cause of your Fatigue!
Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies that can Cause Fatigue:
- B-Vitamins – There are several B-vitamins and those most important to energy production include:
- Vitamin B5 (pantethine or calcium-d-pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate)
- Vitamin B9 (5-methyltetrahydrofolate or L-methylfolate, which are the active forms of folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)
- Nutrients that are required for thyroid hormone production, including:
- Nutrients that are required for mitochondrial function, including:
- Coenzyme Q10
About Dr. Kimberley O’Brien:
Hi! I’m Dr. Kimberley O’Brien. As a naturopathic doctor I help you to transform your health and boost your energy with nutrition, natural medicine and neuroscience! I live and practice in beautiful Nelson, British Columbia, where my focus is to help people overcome digestive concerns, fatigue and hormone imbalances by teaching them to identify and treat the root cause of their symptoms.
In addition to my practice I am a professional speaker and I also serve as the naturopathic doctor at Mountain Trek, an internationally acclaimed and award-winning health and fitness retreat in Ainsworth, BC.
As the creator of the Healthy Life Redesign blog and podcast, as well as my online program called the Elimination Diet Meal Plan, I’ve helped thousands of people worldwide to resolve chronic symptoms like headaches, bloating, fatigue, IBS and eczema by identifying their food sensitivities and refueling their bodies with deliciously nutritious meals.
A healthy body provides us with the energy to live an adventurous life and the ability to do all of the things we love, which is why taking prioritizing my own health and fitness is so important to me! Outside of my naturopathic practice you’ll find me exploring the outdoors, gardening, travelling and taking in all of the beauty and adventures that the breathtaking Kootenay region of British Columbia has to offer! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to join me on my adventures and make sure to subscribe to the Healthy Life Redesign Podcast so you don’t miss a beat!