IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT:
- How-to boost your motivation to get yourself out of bed and become a morning person!
- How cortisol affects your morning energy levels and why adrenal fatigue can make waking up early more challenging.
- How-to support your body and wake-up from the right stage of sleep so that you don’t feel groggy!
- How to prevent yourself from hitting the snooze button so that you can get up and enjoy your morning!
Share this Podcast
6 Steps to Becoming a Morning Person:
- Identify your “Why” – what is the purpose and intention you have for waking up early?
- Calculate your hours of sleep, and ensure you’re getting enough!
- Keep your bedtime and wake-up time as consistent as possible – ideally within a 1-hour window.
- Wake yourself up gradually with a light alarm clock, which mimics the sun.
- Keep your regular alarm clock outside of your room to avoid hitting snooze.
- Leave yourself a glass of water next to your alarm clock to drink as soon as you wake up, in addition to your running shoes, a book, the teapot or whatever you need to enjoy the first part of your morning!
About Dr. Kimberley O’Brien:
Hi! I’m Dr. Kimberley O’Brien. As a naturopathic doctor I help you to transform your health and boost your energy with nutrition, natural medicine and neuroscience! I live and practice in beautiful Nelson, British Columbia, where my focus is to help people overcome digestive concerns, fatigue and hormone imbalances by teaching them to identify and treat the root cause of their symptoms.
In addition to my practice I am a professional speaker and I also serve as the naturopathic doctor at Mountain Trek, an internationally acclaimed and award-winning health and fitness retreat in Ainsworth, BC.
As the creator of the Healthy Life Redesign blog and podcast, as well as my online program called the Elimination Diet Meal Plan, I’ve helped thousands of people worldwide to resolve chronic symptoms like headaches, bloating, fatigue, IBS and eczema by identifying their food sensitivities and refueling their bodies with deliciously nutritious meals.
A healthy body provides us with the energy to live an adventurous life and the ability to do all of the things we love, which is why taking prioritizing my own health and fitness is so important to me! Outside of my naturopathic practice you’ll find me exploring the outdoors, gardening, travelling and taking in all of the beauty and adventures that the breathtaking Kootenay region of British Columbia has to offer! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to join me on my adventures and make sure to subscribe to the Healthy Life Redesign Podcast so you don’t miss a beat!