IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT:
- How Dr. Bjorndal’s personal experience with bipolar disorder type 1 led to the work she does today to help others with their mental health.
- How neurotransmitter imbalances can be caused by nutrient deficiencies, and which nutrient deficiencies are most common.
- The appropriate way for antidepressants and other pharmaceutical medications to be used in the treatment of anxiety, depression and other mental health concerns
- The 7 R’s that can help you to cope with stress, anxiety, depression and negative thought patterns.
- The 10 Foundations of health that Dr. Bjorndal utilized to improve her own mental health and that she now uses to help her patients.
- The most common nutrient deficiencies that can affect mood and mental health.
- Why digestive health, the identification of potential food sensitivities and the treatment of leaky gut syndrome must also be addressed when treating mental health disorders.
- How to reprogram your negative thought patterns with the help of neuroplasticity
- Simple steps that you can take today to improve your mood and mental health.
Share this Podcast
Dr. Christina Bjorndal, a naturopathic doctor and expert in the treatment of mental health conditions, shares how she helps patients to treat their anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and eating disorders with the help of naturopathic medicine. Dr. Chris also shares how her own personal experience and challenges with a diagnosis of bipolar disorder has inspired the work she does today.
About Dr. Christina Bjorndal, ND:
Dr. Christina Bjorndal, ND, completed her Doctorate in naturopathic medicine from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. She is an authority in the treatment of mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorders and eating disorders. Having overcome many mental health challenges herself, Dr. Chris now shares her personal story and philosophy of wellness with audiences across North America as a gifted professional speaker. Dr. Chris also helps her patients to achieve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing through her naturopathic practice in Edmonton, Alberta. She has completed three books on mental health as well as a 10 week course and in-person retreat on mental health.
Media and Book Links:
Beyond the Label: 10 Steps to Improve your Mental Health with Naturopathic Medicine
Moving Beyond: A Journal into Self Discovery
The Essential Diet: Eating for Mental Health
Free Gift: Dr. Bjorndal’s Forgiveness Meditation
Follow Dr. Chris: