In this episode I’m the one in the hot seat as Liz Carlile, host of the Motherhood Unstressed podast, interviews me about the importance of gut health!
You’ll learn about:
- What it means to be a Naturopathic Doctor, how I work with patients in my naturopathic practice and why this work is my calling.
- How gut health creates the foundation of our overall health.
- How our microbiome and the brain-gut connection affects our mood and emotions.
- The importance of detoxification for a healthy gut.
- How an imbalance in the bacteria of your gut (a.k.a. your microbiome) can lead to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and may also cause symptoms like fatigue, headaches, PMS, acne, poor immune function and hormone imbalances.
- How your health can be affected both positively and negatively by phytoestrogens in the foods we eat and estrogen-like chemicals in the consumer products we use.
- The difference between food allergies and food sensitivities, and how the latter can be linked to a number of seemingly unrelated symptoms like fatigue, eczema, headaches and joint pain.
- How an elimination diet can enable you identify your food sensitivities
- Things you can do TODAY to improve your digestion, boost your energy and maximize your health!
Share this Podcast
About Dr. Kimberley O’Brien:
Hi! I’m Dr. Kimberley O’Brien. As a naturopathic doctor I help you to transform your health and boost your energy with nutrition, natural medicine and neuroscience! I live and practice in beautiful Nelson, British Columbia, where my focus is to help people overcome digestive concerns, fatigue and hormone imbalances by teaching them to identify and treat the root cause of their symptoms.
In addition to my practice I am a professional speaker and I also serve as the naturopathic doctor at Mountain Trek, an internationally acclaimed and award-winning health and fitness retreat in Ainsworth, BC.
As the creator of the Healthy Life Redesign blog and podcast, as well as my online program called the Elimination Diet Meal Plan, I’ve helped thousands of people worldwide to resolve chronic symptoms like headaches, bloating, fatigue, IBS and eczema by identifying their food sensitivities and refueling their bodies with deliciously nutritious meals.
A healthy body provides us with the energy to live an adventurous life and the ability to do all of the things we love, which is why taking prioritizing my own health and fitness is so important to me! Outside of my naturopathic practice you’ll find me exploring the outdoors, gardening, travelling and taking in all of the beauty and adventures that the breathtaking Kootenay region of British Columbia has to offer! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to join me on my adventures and make sure to subscribe to the Healthy Life Redesign Podcast so you don’t miss a beat!