IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT:
- How food sensitivities can unsuspectingly lead to chronic symptoms like fatigue, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, migraines, joint pain and chronic sinus congestion.
- How to identify your food triggers through either food sensitivity testing or an Elimination Diet.
- Which foods need to be avoided during an Elimination Diet and for how long.
- How quickly your symptoms can resolve once your food triggers are avoided!
Share this Podcast
Additional Resources and Research Relevant to this Episode:
Research on Food Sensitivities, Allergies and Intolerances:
- Study mentioned in today’s episode by the British Allergy Foundation – Dietary Advice Based on Specific IgG Results
- Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity: The New Frontier of Gluten Related Disorders
- Food elimination based on IgG antibodies in irritable bowel syndrome: a randomised controlled trial.
- Diet restriction in migraine, based on IgG against foods: a clinical double-blind, randomised, cross-over trial.
- Food allergy mediated by IgG antibodies associated with migraine in adults.
Additional Resources on the Healthy Life Redesign Blog:
- Food Fuels or Fools – How I Approach your Health as a Naturopathic Doctor
- The Difference Between a Lactose-Intolerance and a Dairy-Sensitivity
- Does Milk Really do your Body Good?
- Free eBook Series – “A Naturopathic Guide to Identifying your Food Sensitivities”
About Dr. Kimberley O’Brien:
Hi! I’m Dr. Kimberley O’Brien. As a naturopathic doctor I help you to transform your health and boost your energy with nutrition, natural medicine and neuroscience! I live and practice in beautiful Nelson, British Columbia, where my focus is to help people overcome digestive concerns, fatigue and hormone imbalances by teaching them to identify and treat the root cause of their symptoms.
In addition to my practice I am a professional speaker and I also serve as the naturopathic doctor at Mountain Trek, an internationally acclaimed and award-winning health and fitness retreat in Ainsworth, BC.
As the creator of the Healthy Life Redesign blog and podcast, as well as my online program called the Elimination Diet Meal Plan, I’ve helped thousands of people worldwide to resolve chronic symptoms like headaches, bloating, fatigue, IBS and eczema by identifying their food sensitivities and refueling their bodies with deliciously nutritious meals.
A healthy body provides us with the energy to live an adventurous life and the ability to do all of the things we love, which is why taking prioritizing my own health and fitness is so important to me! Outside of my naturopathic practice you’ll find me exploring the outdoors, gardening, travelling and taking in all of the beauty and adventures that the breathtaking Kootenay region of British Columbia has to offer! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to join me on my adventures and make sure to subscribe to the Healthy Life Redesign Podcast so you don’t miss a beat!
Enter to WIN!